Ringo Starr did the lead vocals in these 11 Beatles songs.
This legendary band from Liverpool, England have captured the heart of many with their mop-top hair and lovely songs during the 60s. From their first single, Love Me Do to their last album Let It Be, The Beatles were simply a class of their own. Many of their songs have landed number 1 in the music chart. Young and adults have to queue in line just to get tickets for their concerts. They were regarded by music lovers as one if not the greatest band that stamped their class in music industry. The Beatles is composed of John Lennon (vocals, rhythm guitar), Paul McCartney (vocals, bass guitar), George Harrison (vocals, (lead guitar) and Ringo Starr (drums, vocals).
Throughout their career, The Beatles have made several albums, among them: Abbey Road, A Hard Day’s Night, Beatles for Sale, Help!, Please, Please Me, With the Beatles, , Help!, Let It Be, Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles (White Album), and Yellow Submarine. Some of their compositions where McCartney/Lennon collaboration (48 songs), though each member have their fair share of original songs. John Lennon has 72 songs to his credit, Paul McCartney had composed 69 songs, George Harrison had added 22 songs, and even Ringo Starr, Richard Starkey in real life composed two songs, Don’t Pass Me By and Octopus Garden.
To credit, John Lennon and Paul McCartney were the lead vocalists and George do the backup vocals. But did you know that Ringo, aside from contributing two songs did the lead vocal on 11 songs!
For Beatles fans who may not have known this fact and to those who just wanted to reminiscence the old classics Beatles songs, here are the songs for you to enjoy.
11 songs where Ringo Starr did the lead vocals:
1. Boys –the song was written by Dixon/Ferrell and was included in the album Please, Please Me (1963)
2. I Wanna Be Your Man – written by John Lennon from the album With The Beatles (1963)
3. Matchbox – a good pick up song composed by Carl Perkins that was added in the album Long Tall Sally (1964)
4. Honey Don’t – another Carl Perkin composition from the album Beatles For Sale (1964)
5. Act Naturally – a Morrison/Russel collaboration included in the album Help! (1964)
6. What Goes On – Lennon/McCartney song from the album Rubber Soul (1965)
7. Yellow Submarine – a Paul McCartney original featured in two albums; Revolver (1966) and Yellow Submarine (1969)
8. With a Little Help From My Friends – another Paul McCartney classic composition included in the album Sgt. Pepper’ Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
9. Don’t Pass Me By – Ringo Starr original song from the album The Beatles (1968)
10. Good Night – a John Lennon original from the album The Beatles (1968)
11. Octopus Garden – Ringo Starr other original composition from the album Abbey Road (1969)