A fun tribute to Canadian rocker Bryan Adams and New Jersey rock band Bon Jovi with 19 things they have in common. Features photos and videos.
Bon Jovi is a rock band from New Jersey, founded in 1984. Its members are Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, David Bryan and Tico Torres.
Bryan Adams is a Canadian rocker who released his first album in 1980. This rocker and this Jersey rock band have more things in common than just rock n' roll:
1. Bryan Adams was born in 1959, so was Bon Jovi lead guitarist Richie Sambora.
2. Bon Jovi’s keyboard player David Bryan’s actual surname is Rashbaum. So Bryan is also his name.
3. Bon Jovi only changed one member in their history- bassist Alec John Such. Alec was fired after the band's best of album Cross Road (1994) and he was unofficially replaced by Hugh McDonald and the band has been playing with him since. Bryan Adams, despite being a solo artist, has also been performing with the same musicians for years. One of these musicians is Canadian guitarist Keith Scott, who also happens to be Bryan's best friend. Bon Jovi band members are also very close friends.
4. Both Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams often contribute to movie soundtracks.
5. Both Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams’ music slowed down considerably in the late 90s/early 2000s and picked up pace again.
6. They both gave concerts in Istanbul, Turkey. Bryan Adams came twice (once in 1991 and once in 1999) and Bon Jovi came in 1993. Bon Jovi are expected to give another concert in Istanbul in 2011.
7. Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams debut albums were self-titled. Bryan Adams (album) was released in 1980 and Bon Jovi (album) was released in 1984.
8. Both Bon Jovi and Adams released an album in 1984. It was Bryan’s fourth studio album.
9. Both frequently topped the charts, especially in the 80s and the 90s.
10. Both have an enough fan base to fill the largest stadiums.
11. Both Bon Jovi and Adams are famous for their romantic hits. Below is a famous romantic song from each:
12. Singer Jon Bon Jovi and Bryan can both play these instruments: guitar, piano, harmonica and bass guitar.
13. Both Bryan Adams and Jon Bon Jovi were nominated for Oscar for their contribution to a movie soundtrack.Bryan Adams was nominated three times, one of them was for the song Everything I do, I do it for you. The song was written for the movie Robin Hood: The Prince of Thieves. It is video is featured above. Jon Bon Jovi was nominated for Oscar for his solo work- Blaze of Glory, written for the film Young Guns II. The video is featured below.
14. Jon Bon Jovi writes or co-writes all his songs, same as Adams.
15. Both the band and Adams frequently write songs about love, relationships, life, rock and partying.
16. Both are known for being friendly with their fans.
17. Both are more concerned about genuine interaction with their audience and a solid live performance rather than big effects and extravagant stage stunts.
18. Both have fans in common.
19. I have seen both Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams live.